Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Political Cartoon You’ve Got to See

By Jess Hunter-Bowman
Associate Director
Witness for Peace

I have to admit, I am a political junkie. As much as I love a 3,000 word New Yorker piece by Seymour Hersh, a good political cartoon gets me like nothing else.

A good political cartoon is pure genius. It takes a complex policy issue and distills it to something I can digest in 30 seconds. It makes you angry and laugh at the same time. It takes you to the heart of the matter.



And that brings me to this excellent political cartoon on our immigration crisis. While corporations long for undocumented immigrants that cannot demand just working conditions or join a union, policymakers scapegoat those same undocumented immigrants and deport them at a rate never before seen.

What is your favorite political cartoon (on immigration or anything else)? I'd love to see it. Copy a link to a political cartoon you love in the comments section or post it to our Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment